Khoya kesar roll
Khoya kesar roll
- 2 cups grated Khoya (mava)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder
- 250 mg Baby saffron (kesar) strands, dissolved in 1 tbsp milk
- 2 to 3 drops saffron food colour
- 2 edible silver leaf (vark)
- 2 to 3 pistachios, slivered
Preparation Time: 10 mins.
Cooking Time : 10 to 12 mins.
Makes 16 slices
- Combine the khoya and powdered sugar in a heavy bottomed pan and cook on a slow flame, while stirring continuously till the sugar has dissolved and the moisture has evaporated (approx. 10 to 12 minutes).
- Remove from the fire and divide the mixture into two equal parts.
- Mix the cardamom powder in one part to make the khoya mixture and allow it to cool completely.
- Add the saffron and food colour to the other part to make the kesar mixture. Mix well and allow it to cool completely.
- Roll out the khoya mixture between two sheets of plastic to form a small rectangle
- Roll out the kesar mixture in the same way.
- Place the khoya rectangle on a plastic sheet or cling film.
- Place the kesar rectangle on top of the khoya rectangle.
- Carefully lift one end of the plastic sheet or cling film and roll up the khoya kesar mixtures taking care to see that there are no cracks on the surface.
- Roll cover tightly and refrigerate till firm (approx. 10 minutes) and then remove the plastic sheet or cling film.
- Cover completely with silver leaves and cut into 16 slices.
- Garnish each slice with slivered pistachios
Welcome to the rich, exotic, colorful and fragrant world of 100% pure & natural saffron - the kesar that the world adores....
Baby Saffron brings you the finest, hand-picked pure and genuine saffron. Since 6 generations we have been selling the best quality saffron to connoisseurs worldwide. We select the finest stigma, process each one by hand to remove the yellow style and then pack it in a humidity controlled environment. Hygienically packed, our saffron gives you a taste as well as aroma that is incomparable to any other..