- 1 1/2 cups full-fat curds (dahi)
- 5 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder
- a few Baby saffron (kesar) strands dissolved in 1 tbsp warm water
For The Garnish
- 1 tbsp almond (badam) slivers
- 1 tbsp pistachio slivers
Preparation Time: 2 mins.Makes 1.25 cups
- Dissolve the saffron strands in 1 tbsp of warm water. Keep aside.
- Place the curds in a muslin cloth. Squeeze the curds in the muslin cloth to remove all the excess water and discard it.
- Transfer the hung curds into a deep bowl, add the powdered sugar and mix well using a whisk.
- Add the cardamom powder and saffron-water mixture and again mix well using a whisk.
- Pour the shrikhand into a serving bowl, garnish with almond and pistachio slivers and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Serve chilled.
Welcome to the rich, exotic, colorful and fragrant world of 100% pure & natural saffron - the kesar that the world adores....
Baby Saffron brings you the finest, hand-picked pure and genuine saffron. Since 6 generations we have been selling the best quality saffron to connoisseurs worldwide. We select the finest stigma, process each one by hand to remove the yellow style and then pack it in a humidity controlled environment. Hygienically packed, our saffron gives you a taste as well as aroma that is incomparable to any other..